The Tensor 5.0 is the big daddy of our three Tensor power kites, with the stump-pulling power to get you up and going on snow or in lighter winds where a smaller kite just wonít get it done. It will fly easily in 2mph, start to drag you in 8mph and really pull hard in 12+, great for larger pilots, light wind areas, and kiting on soft snow where extra power is required. But be careful if youíre just getting started- the 5.0 can develop dangerous pull if the wind picks up suddenly.
Engineered to be more than just a trainer, all Tenor sizes make it simple and safe to get into power kiting with a dual-line control bar, safety leash and quick release, all set up and ready to fly. Once youíve learned basic control, our innovative convertible bar system transforms into rugged quad-line handles for the extra control and maneuverability you need to take on traction sports like buggying, snow kiting and landboarding without spending another dime on your gear. Simply separate the bar at the machined aluminum center joiner and insert the two end fittings to make quad handles. Kite Killers for quadline mode are pre-installed, so just reattach the brakelines and youíre ready to ride. Handles allow sensitive control to generate maximum power from the wind, and can be used with a line between the top ends for use with a harness. In either mode, the Tensorís medium aspect wing is powerful but forgiving, with a smooth acceleration that doesnít bite and confident edge performance without collapsing like high-aspect race kites.
With all lines pre-attached and ready to fly, the Tensor package includes everything you need for serious fun in a gorgeous backpack/duffel with extra room for a second kite or accessories. Color-coded lines, handles and pigtails make setup and adjustment easy, and the multiple safety systems mean you can kill all power on the kite instantly just by letting go of the bar or handles. In a real emergency, the control bar quick-release lets you jettison kite and bar altogether.
Built to paraglider standards from silicone coated nylon, the wing includes reinforced inlets, dirt-outs to easily remove sand from the cells, and stitched Dyneema bridles to reduce snags and hold optimum wing shape under load. Our Power Trim system allows 3 easy bridle settings to adjust power and performance in different winds. Flying lines are precision-measured and stretched Modulus Spectra for quick response and long life. We also include a stainless ground stake and sheath to secure the kite, and a comprehensive, well-illustrated flight manual thatíll get you flying quickly and safely.
- Dual-control bar converts to quad handles with no additional gear needed.
- Power Trim adjustable bridle with three power settings for different winds.
- Ready to fly with bar and safety systems pre-installed.
- Paraglider quality construction and materials.
- Forgiving edge handling and controllable acceleration for land-based fun and traction sports.
- Rugged backpack converts to duffel bag for easy handling with room for accessories and kites.
- Color-coded lines, easy setup, and comprehensive instruction manual for safety and ease of use.
- Dyneema core bridle lines for optimum canopy shape under load.
- Stitched bridle loops to reduce snagging.
- Wingtip dirt-outs to clear sand from cells.
The Tensor comes ready to fly and includes:
- Tensor power kite
- Carry Bag
- Pre-sleeved, precision stretched and measured Modulus Spectra flying lines, color coded
- Convertible Dual/Quad aluminum bar with machined aircraft alloy joiner
- 3 Kite Killers (preinstalled)
- Emergency quick release
- Ground stake with sheath
- Instruction Manual